ASPIRE HIGHER WIN THE MIND GAME PERFORMANCE TRAINING CLASS
ON ZOOM JUNE 23, 28, 30
9:30 TO 11:00 A.M.
FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES
WINNING THE MIND GAME
PLAY WITH THE CONFIDENCE, CONSISTENCY, AND FOCUS OF A CHAMPION!
Learn proven mental skills strategies that pro, Olympic, and college athletes use to win championships and PLAY BIG!
HOW DO CHAMPIONS BECOME CHAMPIONS? HOW DO TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS?
• They perform with confidence, composure, and consistency in all situations
• They play with a relaxed intensity and trust their preparation
• They use sports psychology techniques that help them control their focus while staying calm and confident in challenging situations
• They have an “I’ve got this mentality.”
• They have a strong trust in themselves, their teammates, and their coaches.
THIS IS A FUN INTERACTIVE SEMINAR THAT WILL TEACH THE ATHLETE HOW TO BECOME MORE RELAXED, CONFIDENT, AND FOCUSED ON THE FIELD AND IN EVERY DAY LIFE!
If you participated in a team session previously, this seminar is designed to focus more on self-discovery through individual activities and use of mental training concepts.
MENTAL TRAINING TOPICS, TECHNIQUES, AND ACTIVITIES FOR THIS CLASS INCLUDE:
SELF- DISCOVERY AND EVALUATION
* Understanding why you play, who you are as an athlete, and what motivates you.
* Identify playing strengths, mental strengths, and areas can you improve.
* Keys to successful performance.
* Create a vision and action plan to become the player you want to be.
UNDERSTANDING AND CONTROLLING THOUGHTS, FOCUS, AND EMOTIONS
* Develop awareness of how thoughts and feelings impact confidence and performance.
* Create actions to become more confident and consistent.
* Learn to control doubt/fear and replace them with feelings of confidence, determination, and trust.
PROGRAMMING YOUR PERSONAL GPS FOR SUCCESS
* Understanding the mind body connection.
* Understanding how your subconscious mind impacts performance.
* Using relaxation, focus, and visualization techniques to train the subconscious.
* Using affirmations, self-talk, and triggers to improve self-image.
WHY WORK WITH COACH KAREN LINDER?
* 4 time MAC Coach of the Year with over 800 college career victories, 12 championship titles
* Recruited and coached 11 Academic All-Americans, 7 All-Americans, 5 professional athletes,
82 All - Conference players, and over 200 NFCA scholar athletes.
* Including 2017 & 2018 MAC Players of the Year, Maddy Grimm and Holly Speers.
-Maddy Grimm played professionally for the Akron Racers.
-In 2018 Holly Speers led the NCAA in batting average and was a member of the Canadian National Team
* Coached 7 KSU Hall of Fame Athletes
* Now retired and works with athletes of all ages, loves teaching and growing the game.
* Coached the 2018 Region 2 Ohio/WV team in the 12U USA All American Games to a runner up finish
* Coached and trained numerous HS All-State and All-District players in Ohio who helped their teams win conference, district, and state titles
QUOTES FROM AKRON RACER MADDY GRIMM AND CANADIAN NATIONAL TEAM ATHLETE HOLLY SPEERS
“Mental training gives me an edge over my opponents. It helps me understand how to better utilize my strengths and how to identify and improve my weaknesses. The mental game helps me slow things down at game time, which always makes me feel in control of my performance.” -Maddy Grimm
“Mental training is a very overlooked skill in all of sports. When I moved from high school to college softball, I began to realize how beneficial a strong mental game is. Learning to visualize and control my mental state improved my confidence. I was able to play more relaxed and confident. With mental training I became better prepared for competition.” -Holly Speers
“As a head college coach for 33 years, I used these techniques and strategies to win championships and produce All-Americans, All-Region, All-Conference and professional athletes. The secret ingredient for success was the mental training I did with my teams. I will use the same activities and education that allowed my college athletes to experience success. My goal is to help young athletes use their minds to expand and trust what they are able to do on the field and in life.” -Karen Linder
COST: $50 register by June 22nd
Seminar will be conducted through Zoom. Athlete will receive handouts and worksheets (via email) with information that includes list of training activities and techniques to utilize. Each session will include discussions and a visualization session. If you cannot attend one date, the seminar will be recorded.
CONTACT: Karen Linder at 330–221–5197 or email at email@example.com for questions or to set up payment with Venmo
ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE HAD TEAMS PARTICIPATE IN ASPIRE HIGHER WINNING THE MIND GAME SEMINARS:
Stingrays, Wolfpack, Wizards, Lasers, Racers, Outlaws, Roadrunners, Ice, Cincy Slammers, Ohio Starz, Explosive Fastpitch, Willoughby Starz, Excaliber, Knockouts, Express, Tigerlillies, Classics, Central OH Ice, Ohio Thunder, Buckeye Charge, USSSA Pride, Fire, and more…
WHAT COACHES, PARENTS, AND ATHLETES ARE SAYING:
Thanks Coach! I give you a lot of credit for our successes thanks to what I have learned from being around you in OKC and through mental training sessions. The secret sauce is real. Casey Shaulis,
OH Outlaws National 07 Coach
“I want to thank you for having the mental training hitting class. My daughter finished her summer season with numerous hits and 27 home runs. She really benefited from the time you spent with her. Again I thank you very much for helping her improve.” -From father of an 8th grader
“Karen Linder has helped our daughter elevate her softball game to the “next level.” Karen’s positive, honest, and genuine approach guides our daughter to not just be the best she can, but BETTER than she believes. She is light years ahead of the competition. Thank you for everything you do Karen!” -From father of a 10 year old
"After learning how to properly use many of the mental training exercises I learned from Coach Linder I developed a healthy and positive mindset that I have utilized not only in competing but in all aspects of my life. I am so grateful for the program because it has helped me every step of the way to reach my goals" -From HS graduate who was 2 time Player of the Year in her conference, D1 signee
“I took the mental training hitting class for HS athletes and I became more confident and consistent. My batting average went from a .250 as a sophomore to .481 as a junior. It really made a big difference in my overall play. I would recommend it to HS athletes that want to improve both their mental and physical game. It will help you get to another level.” -From HS Junior
“The mental training class has helped me achieve success of all aspects in the game. Everything in my game is much more positive and my confidence gets better every day. I look forward to continuing our training and can't wait to see how far it takes me. Thank you so much.” -From HS Sophomore
This seminar with help you:
Create a vision of the player you want to be
Become more confident in your game
Identify and learn to focus on your strengths
Become disciplined in your thought process
Learn to control emotions that impact performance
Improve mental focus through use of routines
Play 1 pitch at a time
Eliminate self-doubt and replace with more powerful confident action
Turn negative self-talk into positive direction
Turn your fear into motivation
Use visualization to program your subconscious mind
Vision + right mental approach + hard work + DISCIPLINE =
BELIEF & TRUST > CONFIDENCE & SUCCESS!